We celebrated our farewell to 2012 with a day at the Houston Aquarium (post to follow). While Avocet napped, Chris, Ceiba and I ventured to REI to use up our dividend (nothing like waiting until the day it expired) and then hit the grocery store (sheer mayhem) for some luxuries to send out 2012! Nothing says farewell like a gawdy store bought cake, complete with fat neon roses! Yum :)
The grocery store had a crawfish and shrimp boil all weekend, score! So we grabbed a few pounds, some lobster tails, made dirty rice, "kid beer" (sparkling grape juice), party favors and made an evening of it. Apparently fireworks are a huge deal in Houston (felt like China!), as we heard them until a downpour of rain curbed the festivities.
We bid adieu to 2012:
- 9 months in our missed Bangladesh
- 3 months in beloved America
- Ceiba turning 5, Avocet turning 1 and our 17th wedding anniversary
- most of the year with Papa at home
- trips within Bangladesh, to Bali, Nepal, India, Singapore, Thailand & Turkey (our new favorite)
- a new home and chapter of life in Texas (and change of residency- Yeah, no state tax!)
- the good fortune of great friends and family (though the tragic loss of a dear friend)
- a family of good health and happiness
Our most sincere wishes to you all for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!