Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's no greenhouse, but it'll do

A few cyber friends have commented on my hauling plants with us to D.C., so thought I'd post a few pics (sorry- phone camera) of the remaining lot. Some are still dorment from the winter.
(the 28 who "made it" through the sale and came to D.C.)

It's a far cry from the 500-600 plants that were in the greenhouse back home, but these are the few "loves" I couldn't bare to part with. Most are sentimental, some rare and others just too pretty to let go.

(above, our old greenhouse in IL last summer)

Pruning and watering now only takes a few minutes (though I stretch it out longer) vs the neverending task before, but it still makes my mind peaceful. And maybe in the not-too-distant-future we'll have an avocado or mango tree in our backyard!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's an awesome greenhouse. Even my green thumb is green with envy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the greenhouse .... love it! So proud of you for bringing some with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous pictures! I can't get over that amazing greenhouse.

    You are an incredible gardener! Which is just amazing to me, for I kill every living green thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

    Here is the link:

    http://bit.ly/9eiR0S

    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I'm always hit or miss with plants, but it doesn't ever stop me from trying. Gardening is very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete