Monday, August 16, 2010

Eastern Market

Up for an outing last weekend, we chose to head down to Eastern Market (http://www.easternmarket-dc.org/). It's a convenient stop along the Metro and a great way to spend your morning. We headed down early to beat the heat and decided on a Sunday visit to double dip with the flea market + the regular market. Soulard Market in STL used to be a weekly excursion for produce and season items when I worked downtown, so I had been missing the chance to peruse around in the open air markets.
 
(l to r) Pasta- we bought crayfish/lobster & mozzerella raviolis-YUM, Polish pottery, okra & maters
(l to r) fresh bouquets, indoor meat/fish section, gorgeous sunflowers
(l to r) manhole cover, berrries & veggies, patriotic art
(l to r) some heat!, pearls (I'm waiting for Dhaka!), flea market furniture

It was also a great photo opportunity... which is why we had waited so long to visit, in hopes my Minolta would be repaired... it isn't. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much in need of a R.I.P. sign. I sent it off to the warranty company today, after 6 weeks and the local company saying the part is discontinued. Ug, just what I want to buy before shipping out to Bangladesh. Actually, I do want to buy a new camera (and about 5 lenses), but the checking account is getting enough of a work out as it is. Maybe we'll just have to fly to Hong Kong or Tokyo as an excuse to camera shop!

Please pray for my Minolta until then!

2 comments:

  1. what gorgeous pics! I love EM but haven't been there in years. Next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of EM is the cheese selection and how they slice of a hunk for you to try! I miss cheese.

    ReplyDelete