Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Embrace the OCD!

It rained pretty much all day today. From 0530 when a little someone crawled into our bed until still now past bedtime, it’s been drizzling. This evening we got out the finger paint and rolled out the paper over the coffee table for a change of pace.

So the painting session has me convinced that I’m borderline OCD. I joke, but still think I’m unusually anti-mess. Watching paint colors get mixed by little fingers in different colors, paint on the jars or globs of paint sitting on the paper almost physically hurts me. With controlled breathing and willpower, I made it through and actually played in the paint and encouraged the fun too. Am I especially crazy? Or just a little? Those of you that know me, realize this is

normal and yes, probably a little crazy or controlling. No bashing comments needed, thank you. I’m trying, ok??!! I’m new at this full time mama stuff.

Chris was out of the house, so I texted him pics and told him about the fun painting, but the clarity moment of my disorder. I got no reply… so think that solidifies the epiphany.

In some ways, the OCD is a positive thing. For example, I’m a really good packer. I can anticipate what may come up on trips and generally plan accordingly. You need it? Chances are it’s in the bag. Even down to the UAB (unaccompanied air baggage) which we brought out here. The plan was to be here for about 3 months, which turned into 6 months. The only thing I’ve really wished I’d brought… the garlic press. Yes, I have been mincing by knife, but am getting tired of smelling like an old Italian man.

Embrace the OCD!!

* And now Blogger changed the photo insert process. UG! I'm a donkey on the edge!

2 comments:

  1. Controlling. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you finger-painted with her and encouraged the mess! I am too OCD to EVER pull out the paints. The most I can handle is sidewalk chalk only because it is outside and they can't destroy anything with it :)

    ReplyDelete