Thursday, March 4, 2010

Attention shoppers ~ we have a blue light special

Remember the childhood days at K-Mart with a cherry/coke mixed Icee in hand when the smocked lady zoomed by with the wheelie cart afixed with the blue flashing light? Shoppers followed her in delight as the intercom came on with the blue light special announcement.

We sold a LOT on Craigslist a few months ago, but still had more than we (I, as "he" is out of the loop and would be fine if I gave it all away) realized. It feels weird to sell it all to family or friends, but gees, we've got buku bucks tied up in 15 years of tools and misc.

So I hung a spreadsheet on the fridge at work today and let me tell ya.... THE SHOPPING FRENZY HAS BEGUN!

Had people at the house already tonight loading up their trucks.
Refreshing, rewarding and remorseful all at the same time.

No turning back now :)

2 comments:

  1. It's Friday, and that means that the Third Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

    Here is the link:

    http://bit.ly/9hUsvA

    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what a very CLEVER idea to post a spread sheet at work in advance of your yard sale. That cuts down significantly on the whole "setting up" part of the day! The whole yard sale thing is only going to get better for you! Someday I'll tell you about our $13,000 tag sale. If there's one thing FS life is GREAT for it's that you get rid of a lot of junk to make room in your HHE for all the really, really cool stuff you pick up along the way.

    Happy Sales!
    NKL

    ReplyDelete