Friday, November 6, 2009

Early Birthday







  On my birthday eve, Wednesday, we happily received a visit from the photographer who shot pics of our family casually at home in IL a few weeks ago. A super FUN present for me! I tend to be a photo nut, and though more sluggish now that I'm a mama, I still enjoy the memories photos envoke more than just about anything else. Flipping through pictures of beautiful vacations, loved ones now gone or just a mess covered favorite kiddo of ours can be the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon.

As the house is now for sale, we wanted to remember what a beautiful home we had in Illinois. Leaving this house, acreage, greenhouse, creek (sniff, sniff) is one of the hardest things to do. But hey, we have the blueprints and can always build it again. Something tells me after we've lived in Madagascar, Argentina or Myanmar (wishful thinking, aye?) we may not miss this house quite as much. And if we do, I'll just pick a rainy day and sit with the memories.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    I just stumbled across your blog in Mike's e-mails and as I was reading throught I found your family pictures. They are amazing! Love the one where you can see Chris and your legs walking with Cieba (sp?).
    Good luck with everything. What an exciting life you and your family live, coming from someone who has never left Edwardsville.
    Vickie Hellmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie,
    LOVE that you got on here (and that you commented). Thanks, we really enjoyed the pics at home. Wow, we are going to miss our house - but we are so optimistic to the adventures that await!

    Selling the plant collection was sad, but hoping to grow some of those plants in our back yard some day :)I have a handfull of lovelies on the windowsill to take along!

    PLEASE know you, Mike & Heather/Holly are always welcome to visit and hope that you do.

    We'll keep in touch through the continents!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete