Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Market Walk

Early this week, I headed uptown to the local produce market. It was Sunday, so the majority of businesses were closed, as is standard in the Gulshan diplomatic area. We just returned from 2+ weeks out of town (will blog soon about that) and needed to restock the fridge.
On vacation, I bought (thank you wonderful husband) a new camera, a Canon 60D. I have much to learn about the camera, haven't even cracked the manual open yet! I have used a Minolta for over 15 years, but felt with the Sony buyout, that it was time for a change of brand. So far, I'm super happy with the purchase and couldn't wait a day after being back to give her a whirl uptown.
As always, Bangladesh did not disappoint. Everyone was all smiles and conversation from the moment the lens cap went in my pocket. The bearded man 2 rows down was very detailed on how many copies and what angle shots he'd like me to take. As I've done in the past, I've developed the photos and will hand carry next week to distribute. That will bring even bigger smiles, so I better have my camera on the ready again.
The above guy was hilarious, adding "action" to my food photos :)
I buy our chicken elsewhere sans flies. The local prawns are usually good though.
 With the heat, comes beautiful fruit season!
The sewing guys thought it'd be fun to take my photo... took several tries.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME photos!!! (including the one of you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!!
      Don't ask me what I did with your email... I sent you a FB request too. I'm coming to India at the end of the month to see the Taj and a whirlwind 4 days in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur. Hoping to pick your brain. Pls FB me, if you have a minute. THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are stunning! Really, really beautiful and a beautiful photo of you besides! How do you like the 60D? I'm thinking about upgrading my rebel and torn between the 60D and the 7D...

    ReplyDelete