Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Kumquats



We've been watching our kumquat tree bloom, produce fruit and ripen for months. I don't know why it was so difficult for me to pick the fruits, maybe because I know it may be our last kumquat for years... and they're just so pretty as we pass by the upstairs balcony each day.

Tonight as I was washing the summer sandy grime from the balcony, the fruits easily popped off just from the water spray. I wanted them to be as ripe as possible before picking, gosh are they! So called up the girls and let them enjoy picking the 32 tiny bright orange fruits from the tree. They both agreed the kumquats don't taste very good alone, but I've found some fun recipes to try. Hope the tree can have a little rest and maybe bloom again before we leave.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see what recepies you try! I've never tried doing anything with them!

    ReplyDelete