Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Peaceful

"Anything good?" Chris msgd me on the phone. 

After dropping the girls at school, I headed to John Chestnut Park for my time in nature. Today, I carried my good camera in hand. 

"Not yet. Just peaceful."
Peaceful. Recharging time. How many times a day can we say those beautiful words? And how comforting are they to say? The older I get, the more moments of peace make me happy, make me appreciative, make me whole. Whether it is peace within myself, our family or the world. 

This place brings me peace. It did 20 years ago, and it does today. While I wouldn't change the path our lives have taken for a minute, we love where we go and what we do, it is a fact that it is difficult to come to truly KNOW a place. Usually with Chris's work, just when we think we know a place- the backroads, the customs, the neighbors, where to buy bread, how to get gas, all those little things that take time- that's when we leave again. We generally enjoy the entire tour, but really enjoy that last year or 9 months, feeling fully comfortable. This area of Florida feels known to me... and I love that feeling. I'll never know a place like Illinois...having spent +/- 30 years there. But all these other "homes" share our hearts and flood our minds with memories. 
The diversity of life here is so different from where we grew up. I won't say it's better, but it's so different and fun to learn and digest. I'd have to wake my 10 year old tomboy self from the dream that our life has become and the feasts of views before our eyes daily. She would be wowed to see manatees, dolphins, alligators, ibis and more outside our door. Forever thankful and yearning for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment